Celebration Week Schedule of Events
10 a.m. – 2 p.m. June 23
- Noon – Breaking of the Bread to kick off Harvest Week. Executive Director Joe Dayan will break bread on Whistler Plaza to signify the Grand Re-Opening of the City Market.
- Noon – Cooking demonstration by a local chef in the Markets new Demonstration Kitchen.
9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. June 24
Kids Day at the Market
· 9 to 11 a.m. – Sponge Bob Square Pants will greet visitors.
· Noon – Dance Creations will perform in the Historic Market House.
· Noon – Local kid’s singer Bill Bailey will perform on Whistler Plaza.
· Noon to 2 p.m. – Caring for Kids Digital Fingerprinting.
· 4 p.m. – The Boys of R, a teenage rock band, will perform on Whistler Plaza.
10 a.m. – 2 p.m. June 25
- 10 to 1:30 p.m. – Local farmers sell their products on Market Street (a weekly summer tradition).
- 11 to 12:30 p.m. – Tony Hanslits, Director of the Chef’s Academy, combines the Farmer’s Market and the indoor merchants to create a meal as he demonstrates “Fresh Bags to Go.” Pick up a bag of prearranged fresh goods and watch Tony prepare a meal that you can cook right in your own kitchen. You can even sample the meal before you choose to take your Fresh Bag home.
- Noon – Live music by local artists on Whistler Plaza.
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. June 26,
1880’s County Fair.
- 10 to 4 p.m. – Connor Prairie brings a piece of its living history to the Market. Costumed characters – from 1886 – will mingle with visitors.
- Hourly beginning at 10 a.m. – Visitors can take a Tour of the entire City Market. Tours begin on the hour at the Arch on Whistler Plaza.
- Noon to 3 p.m. – Free carriage rides.
11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. June 27
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Emily Ann Thompson will perform Celtic fiddle and guitar and Celtic Motion-Irish Dancers will perform.
- 12:45 to 2 p.m. – Hybrid Strings performs world music.
- 4 to 6:30 p.m. – Barbara Whiteside along with Salsa and Company perform and give free salsa lessons.
9 a.m. – 2 p.m. June 28
Indy Arts Market Day.
9 a..m. to 2 p.m. –Indy Arts Market will debut featuring local artists, who will sell original work.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. –Throttle Stompers car show featuring classics and hot rods.
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – City Market merchants will provide samples.Noon to 2 p.m. – City Market Cooking Class featuring Dwight Simmons the “Chef of 2000.”